This website is provided to UMI customers as a business service and use of this site is limited to those customers. Through this site, UMI and/or BluePay may collect information about customers, and this information may be used by: i) UMI, BluePay and its affiliates (i.e. companies related to us by common control or ownership) in the performance of their day-to-day operations; and ii) third party service companies to perform business operations or work on UMI’s or BluePay's behalf to provide services (for example, UMI or BluePay sometimes uses a third party company to assist with account statement preparation, mailing or collection services).
BluePay may share aggregated data with unrelated third parties, but this aggregated data will include no personally identifying information.
UMI or BluePay may disclose information, including personally identifying information, collected through this site in the event that BluePay is required to do so by law or in the event that UMI or BluePay has good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on UMI or BluePay or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of UMI or BluePay and its websites, or (c) protect the personal safety of users of UMI, BluePay, its websites, or the public.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for you, and we want you to completely understand our payment policies.
- Insurance: We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If you are insured by a plan we do business with but we are unable to verify your plan is active, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
- Co-payments and Deductibles: All co-payments and deductibles must be paid at the time of service. For your convenience we accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, Care Credit, FSA/HSA and other debit cards. You may be billed an additional co-pay, co-insurance or deductible after your insurance company determines your financial obligation due for your services. Your insurance is required to send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) outlining your responsibility based on your insurance contract.
- Non-covered Services: Be aware that some and perhaps all of the services you receive may be non-covered, considered reasonable, and/or medically necessary or may be considered experimental by Medicare or other insurers. This determination is often made after recieving medical services and you may be responsible for payment of these services regardless of your insurance determination.
- Proof of Insurance: We must obtain a copy of your current valid insurance card to provide proof of insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in time to meet your insurance company claim filing limit, you will be responsible for the balance of the claim.
- Claims Submission: We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
- Bypass Insurance Election: All patients may elect to bypass insurance claim submissions and pay a self-pay rate. This rate must be paid in full prior to exam services. By electing this option you forfeit the right to the insurances authorization and medical necessity review process. Once services are rendered, UMI will not submit your exam claim to insurance, which implies your self-pay fee cannot be refunded nor submitted through insurance at any time.
- Non-payment:Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice. Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated.
- Refunds: UMI regularly generates reports looking back 60 days to identify overpayments. These will be processed and mailed directly to the address of record for the patient. Refunds will be processed and mailed within 30 days of refund identification and is the sole method of refund. Refunds cannot be made or requested through the online merchant system for patient generated payments.
- Financial Assistance: UMI does not participate in the University of Rochester Financial Assistance program. (Formerly Charity Care)
UMI Billing Office
P.O Box 278997
Rochester, NY 14627
(585) 272-8286 fax
Office hours Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm